Saturday, November 11, 2006
whole milk it is!!!!!
Jacob has had a change of heart and decides he does like whole milk (i got 15 ounces down him on top of nursing just yesterday!!!) so my plan is this, let him nurse when he asks but otherwise push solids 3 meals a day and with each meal offer a full 6 ounce bottle of whole milk mixed with milk if i have any from pumping if i happen do this or work and one at bedtime so he could possibly get the 24 ounces in just milk if he's thirsty for it. Since he nurses such a short time, it shouldn't add to much to his total fluid intake... I am sooooooo happy and excited about this plan!! he hasn't once refused drinking the whole milk now and still loves and requests to nurse the little amount of time that he wants to! I can already tell a huge difference in diapers .. from 1 semiformed harder stool each day to 3 soft loose yesterday-which is the consisitency he should be having and at least 5-6 soaking wet diapers from only 3-4 slightly wet the last month or so... I feel soo good that he is getting the nutrition his little body needs without compromising on my plan to nurse for at least a year! He just needs a little supplementation for now. I don't think I want to do the reglan unless he starts refusing the whole milk... but i think he's going to do fine.. he seems to like the taste now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment