As some of you know, I meal plan which pretty much means I sit down at the beginning of every week or every 2 wks and menu plan every meal for that week/2wks... I usually look over my recipe books/ http://www.allrecipes.com/ / http://www.recipezaar.com/ / http://www.menus4moms.com/ and other sources to come up with different and new meals or our old favs each week... I have a preprinted sheet I made that has the meals for that week with a space for all the recipes (or printed) and then a space for my grocery shopping.. this is all kept in a binder each week in the kitchen.. ANYWAY, just thought I'd share some of the winning recipes periodically on here if one we happen to have is really good... I found this method saves us money as I try to use everything in our cupboards and not buy alot of snack or junk foods and it keeps us from going out to eat which we rarely do now days...
So Here's for recipe posting #1, I might even share my delicious Lasagna recipe! : This reminds me of something my aunt Mary has served or would serve.... very very good! definitely a keeper for a side dish
Broccoli Salad (i 1/2'd the recipe for us)
3 cups fresh broccoli florets
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
2 T chopped onion
3/4 mayo
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 T red wine vinegar or cider vinegar (i used red wine, very good)
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled or REAL bacon bits
IN a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese and onion. Combine the mayo, sugar and vinegar and pour over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hrs. Just before serving, stir in the bacon.
For a quick and easy Kid friendly but soo not healthy dinner, here's a quick one that actually tasted really cheesy and good.
Cheesy Chicken Rolls
1 can refrigerated Crescent roll dough
4 slices processed american cheese/cut in half
4 cups cooked , boneless chicken breast halves (shredded)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish
Unroll the dough, seperate into 8 triangle. On the large end of each triangle place the 1/2 piece of american cheese and 1/2 cup (more like a 1/4cup actually will fit) of shredded chicken. Roll the dough and seal the edges (i did not seal edges and worked fine). Place in prepared dish
In a small bowl, combine soup, milk, and cheddar cheese. Pour over the stuffed rolls
Bake in preheated oven 12-15minutes or until golden brown (it took my oven 20 minutes)
Alright!!!!! Can't wait to get to share more of the recipes we've tried and what has and hasn't worked... Future posts: Swiss Chicken, Pleasant Pork, Strawberry Smoothies, BBQ Tuna Fritters, Beef with Broccoli and more!!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment