Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My handmade skirt.. design by me!

This is the picture of it plain with no belt and no belt hoops, reverse it for the belt hoops..





I spent 3hrs and 2 dollars sewing this skirt. I had an idea from pics of what i wanted to do, but no actual pattern.. so did this myself :) It has a belt closure or you can reverse it to add a bow like i showed thru some belt hoops i added.. will fit for years :) I won't post the picture where i actually tried it on jacob to see how it does.. it actually fits him even better, lol! I love it!! took 19 pieces of material all sewn together to make an A-line baby wrap skirt.. I wasn't sure if the bow looked better on the hip or bottom :) either way, can't wait to make all kinds of holiday and festive bows to go with it :)

1 comment:

Just the five of us said...

You are unbelievable.... I am SOOOOOO jealous. Too bad I do not have a little girl. I would have to buy some of those skirts. Any chance you are going to start making boy clothes?? LOL

How much would it cost to make a skirt like that is a size 6? I think Becca would love it and we could have interchangeable belts.