
It has really been a while since I have been awake at this time in the morning. Since we moved Jacob's bed and removed all the "fluff" Jacob has not slept well at all tonight! This is the second time he's been awake since bedtime, well it was actually way passed his bedtime at 10pm. We went out to eat and got the bedtime routine started late. Anyway, I think we might be adding back the "fluff" at least to see if that is the problem. Not only that , but when he has woken up these 2 times, when I do go into his room he is sitting straight up in bed trying to climb the side rails, he has never done this before.. he is usually crying and laying on his back in bed waiting for me and that is usually once after bedtime at 8am, he hasn't been waking up at all during the night, usually sleeping now from 8pm to7am then plays in his crib alone for an hour and then cries for us! I am starting to think this all was not a good idea, but I guess you have to pick and choose... Electrocution from the electrical box/cords he could have chewed on or no Sleep?? Of course I'll choose the no sleep!
The above picture is of Jacob right now fast asleep, hopefully this stretch will last longer. then the last of 2 hours before he wakes up crying.. I guess it could also be an unfamiliar view thats frightening him when he wakens, since usually he is staring into bumper pads, and now he can actually see his room. Well, I did have a dream during this last short stretch, I actually dreamt that he said "mama" as clear as a bell twice!! and I know the reason why I dreamt this because I think I am officially going to say that Jacob said his first word yesterday. After Jacob's afternoon nap I brought him out to the living room where Jimmy was sitting across from us on the couch, as soon as Jacob caught eye of him he started to whisper "dadada" and I knew it was meant for him as he was smiling while saying it and reaching for him, Jimmy was excited but didn't believe that that could be his first word since he says dada frequently but I never hear him say it anymore so Jimmy's hearing it more because it's probably being directed at him. I do know Jacob has just started mimicking alot of sounds more lately too... like on his baby einstein video, he has started copying the lady when she says "cat" and "moo", he has actually said both of these after the lady says them. He is so much fun to take care of and to watch the daily changes that he makes as he learns and grows. Everytime I put him down on the ground you can see how he is learning how to move his body and play with toys correctly right in front of my eyes, it's amazing!.. okay, as you can see I can be pretty chatty when I am tired, I feel sorry for my friends at work, I probably talk them to death.. but I guess this was the only time of the day I truly used to have to myself and didn't have to worry that Jacob was getting into trouble or waking up soon...but once again in this case I think I'd chose sleep over this early morning time to myself :)


No comments:
Post a Comment