Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 10, 2006

Feeding Jacob

Praise God that Jacob loves to eat solid food! He has literally started fussing now when we eat because he wants to eat too and will try to grab at our food if he can get close enough. I have been feeling bad about not giving him solids for spitting up so much and have finally come up with a plan that has worked the last 2 days that does give him a few solids... In the morning he gets about 2.5 ounces of rice cereal mixed with breastmilk (I also bought flavored rice cereal to try tomorrow) but he seems to love this so it works and is colorless so when he does start to spit up it doesn't stain him and me all day and he does spit up! which tends to make him cough and choke a little since it is a little thicker than just milk. Then at bedtime I give him a WHOLE jar of whatever fruit/veggie we are on, tonight and last night it was green beans which he loved! and tolerated very well, cried when it was all gone actually... and then his belly has time to sleep on it with no spitting up during the night... so at least he'll get solids twice a day for now until his stomach can handle more. I am going to talk to the Dr. about this when we have his 6 month checkup which will actually be when he is 6 1/2 months old since we had been on vacation and are a little behind... otherwise, Jacob's health is doing well now with just spitting up as usual but not a lot of silent refluxing felt as I had when he was younger... according to research I've done, this spitting up can last to up to 18 months sometimes!!! I hope he stops sooner, but I really don't see an end in sight since he spits up so much now.. still constantly having to wear bibs all day long.

No comments: