Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 06, 2010

A couple more funnies

Its firefly season and Jacob's in love.. he loves to go out and catch them and put them in his bug jar and he does a great job at doing it. I've never seen him soo excited over a bug before!

yesterday jacob shook his hair and sand fell out and he says to daddy "Daddy I put sand in my hair so i look just like you!" and we asked him "umm.. how does putting sand in your hair make you look like daddy, show us the sand in daddy's hair?" Daddy bends over and Jacob points to his 2 growing balding spots where you can see the flesh colored scalp showing thru. "Right there daddy you have sand on your hair" hehehe

Back to the booger/Ogre situation: I've been talking to jacob about Love and Marriage and how one day he will grow up and find a good woman and kiss her and get married and have kids of his own.. Many questions followed:

question- "Did you and daddy have kids before you were married" answer "NO AND NEITHER WILL YOU OR ELSE!"

question- "After I get married and kiss will I turn back into a booger?" answer "Jacob you were never a booger (ogre) to start with, you will stay a JACOB! and your wife will stay a girl too.. NO BOOGERS" (apparently we've watched shrek 2 a little too many times as shrek and fiona kiss they turn back into ogre's, lol)

Jacob- "well i'm gonna have 4 kids cause i'm 4 and we have 4 and i am number 4 in our family and cause i have 4 quarters" me- "sounds good to me" Jacob- "NO i'm gonna have 29 HUGE babies that are gonna be soo big they reach the sky!" me- "who's gonna take care of those babies and change their poopy diapers?" jacob- "Jesus will!" me- "can't argue with that, i'm sure he will take care of your babies if you ask him"

I am really sick right now.. Both kids had fevers for 5 days a little diarrhea and then a red eye and then got better (except for Leah's red eye at this point) but me, I've had fever 6 days now, severe swollen sore throat, body aches, diarrhea, dizziness, pain on every inch of my body and shivering/chills that lasted for 7 hrs straight 3 days in a row! I felt like I was going to die!! I went to the ER only to be told i'm fine as I stumble out of the ER with a supposed script of Flagyl for gastroenteritis. Start the flagyl and one day later doing worse and now broke out in a hot painful red rash all over my body and the soles of my feet are killing me and peeling a little. I am miserable and its the weekend and no dr. can see me!! Oh and still having fevers. I went to bed at 2am this morning because I just can't get settled and woke up at 4 as i keep waking with the fear that my airway is closing off because its hard to breathe with my pharynx so swollen and all the puss patches down my throat and thick nasal drainage- yeah i know gross!!

Anyway, i was checking Jacob over for a rash and saw some small pimply things on the tops of his legs and asked him if they itched and he said "NO mom, those are just little pokey things for when I blow up and become a puffer fish, you don't need to worry about those little things at all" and he proceeds to get an ball air pump and put it in his mouth and starts pumping :)

I'm sick, more about that in the next sentence, but the kids have taken the role of disciplining off my hands and decided they can discipline each other themselves.. Leah- "Jacob, you go in time out now!" jacob- 'okay' and he sits in time out............. Jacob- "Leah that was not nice, now i am going to have to give you a little pinch (pinch follows warning)" Leah- "ouch, don't pinch me jacob!" -SMACK right on Jacob's face ..Jacob comes to me crying.. That girl isn't taking any discipline from him! HA

Since i've been sick I have not been able to nurse as all my skin is very sensitive and I was just too sick and bedridden to be able to take care of myself let alone take care of anyone else (my poor kids ate golden grahams for breakfast and lunch several days in a row, poor things!) so mommy informed my unweaned daughter that mommies boobs were broken and not working and she could not nurse... much crying followed along with a JACOB who felt the need to put bandaid 'socks' on my breast and carress them and say 'poor boobs' in the most loving voice and telling me to just show him my boobs because he could fix them as he's reaching down my shirt trying to fix me!!! this continued for several days and days later he was upset when his sock bandaids were not in place as he put them to fix them. Leah has officially not nursed now for 5 days and she still asks constantly "milk broken? milk not working?" with a little whine afterwards but hopefully we can stick with this and say she's finally weaned at 2yrs and 4 1/2 months.. my body is ready to finally not be pregnant or breastfeeding anymore! And since I don't have any new pics downloaded although there are around 900 on my camera that will be enjoyed soon, I will leave you with a VERY loving video of Leah that just touched my heart because I was not expecting this from her at all.. I just love that little girl sooo much! I was also informed that my Grandma Birkenmaier's Bday was today if she had still been alive and maybe it was Grandma B talking to Leah thru that little phone to remind her of the truth! (Leah's middle name May was named in remembrance of Grandma B as many knew her)



No comments: