Thursday, July 20, 2006
6 month checkup
Well really 6 month and 3 week checkup and not all was good news... He thinks Jacob should be gaining weight faster than he has these last 2 months and said we should make sure he eats 3 solid food meals a day on top of his breastfeeding and add a multivitamin or else Jacob could become failure to thrive if he doesn't start gaining weight... it was hard for me to hear that while I am sitting there holding my chubby baby.. He weighed 16lb 10oz which put him in about the 18th percentile or something like that which means he dropped from the 50+ down to that.. Also his height this month is only in about the 15th percentile or less too.. so for his height,his weight is fine.. I don't know why all of a sudden we dropped in the charts???? He never seems hungry and eats great! I talked to the Dr. about his reflux and spitting up issues and how when he eats solids, his spitup turns into vomitting more than just a little dribble of milk out and he said it doesn't matter he will keep some down and needs the nutrients from solids.. so I guess we'll just have to deal with "solid food" stained clothes for a while. Otherwise he said he looked healthy and great! Jacob got his shots with only a few tears shed, hopefully he'll take a good nap this afternoon as I am exhausted since I worked last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment