Friday, April 21, 2006
Asthma diagnosis possibly coming????
We ended up going to the doctor again yesterday because Jacob had progressively been getting more fussy and refusing to eat this last week and also coughing more, it got so bad that he had only eaten 2 ounces yesterday from 7am-3pm which is definitely not enough if you are unsure. I knew this because I had expressed this much to mix with his medicine and that's about all he took and then eventually spit it up. Anyway, the doctor thinks he has asthma (like his daddy) and is just having a hard time breathing to eat comfortably. I did notice that his weight was 2 ounces less than a week ago which isn't that big of deal considering Jacob is a big boy and normally eats great and gains heavily so we just need to get over this strike he has with eating. He has been definitely congested this last week as a leftover from the ear infection but because Jacob has no other signs of illness the doctor is leaning towards his cough/congestion being asthma related so he is back on respiratory treatments which have turned out to be awful.. It made him so jittery last night he had a hard time getting to sleep but to be honest, I did see a big improvement in his breathing, he didn't even sound congested..still coughing though. Jacob has been sleeping about 6 1/2 hours straight every night again, so I am guessing he is feeling a little better. He also ate great after his first treatment, however I think it made him sick to his stomach, because he vomited all that meal up shortly afterwards... since then he has still been fussy eating, but has been doing it. I actually can not wait to get passed these baby days in some ways and in other ways I wish they'd slow down. Please continue to pray for Jacob and that whatever seems to be causing these problems is figured out and treated quickly. The good thing is that none of this has ever affected Jacob's mood. In fact it is hard to convince the doctor how fussy and unlike himself he's been when in the office all Jacob does is smile at the doctor the whole time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment