Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The excitement never ends.. He ate Glass!!

When Jacob got home school i realized we hadn't eaten the cinnamon rolls jimmy had brought home from a work meeting .. so i gave Leah half and Jacob half, next thing i know i hear a weird crunching and jacob freaking out saying "what is this in my mouth?" He thought it was ice, I got him to spit some of it out before he crunched some more and swallowed.. IT WAS SHARDS OF GLASS! I called jimmy immediately and had him find out who made them and why there was glass in the cinnamon rolls and then called my pediatrician and then poison control.. Everyone pretty much said to watch for bloody stools, abdominal pain or vomiting and to push fluids and fiber.. So far we've had no poops today so i have no clue if its passing softly but you can bet i'll be on the lookout.. Also this all occurred after i had worked last night so you can imagine how i was running on adrenaline and exhausted today! Thankfully after lots of prayers I'm starting to feel a little more less freaked out but I just can't understand how glass got in there!! the pieces i had him spit out were 1/4inch x 1/4inch


Photobucket

No comments: