Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Mornings

These are some rain boots that Jacob will NOT take off in the house.. he wears these morning til night and they even sit by his bed.. not sure why he has this obsession right now, but rain boots it is!
Apparently it was Cat in the hat day at school and he told me Cat in the hat says he needs to read books!! So if we read books each week then he gets a free pizza from pizza hut at the end of the week. (considering we read 10 books every night i am sure he'll get his pizza!)

I have grown to start to love mornings.. its some of the only time that Jacob and I have alone and I crave that at times! Our morning routine consists of waking around 7:15 with Jimmy showering and getting ready for work, while i wake Jacob - we tiptoe down the hall quietly then go downstairs and eat breakfast, talk, and then get him dressed and ready for school. Jimmy takes Jacob to school so Jacob always leaves me with a wave (after a hug and kiss of course) and says "See you at the bus stop!" Since i will be picking him up at the bus stop in 3 hrs...


Then I come back upstairs and wait for Leah to wake usually sometime between 8:10 and 8:30.. I love the little bit of time we have in the morning and wish we had more of that time.. which is why on the few nights i do put Jacob to bed (normally Jimmy does) I sneak into bed with him and just talk and tell stories and he tells some of the most heroic and happy ending stories about cars and choo choos ever! Usually its hard to get out of his bed once i am in there because he'll grab me and say "i've got to hold you, don't go!" but we have our little routine now where i kiss the palms of his hands and tell him he has to hold on to my kisses tight because mommy has to go to bed... and then he does let me leave....

No comments: