OH my!! I think I was in denial.. I kept saying in my head that she turns 9 mo old in a few weeks and then now its come!! I can't believe she is 3/4 a yr old.. its crazy and has gone much faster this time.. its like one blink ago she was just born and now she's already 9 mo old!!!
Okay, and for the updates:
the biggest: Leah can CRAWL .. we are in full mobility now.. she's into everything and crawling everywhere!! GO LEAH GO!!
Also!!! She pulls herself to standing, yep!! against gates and toys, she now pulls herself up and stands yelling at you!
AND!!! she says Mama!!! yeah :) so now our vocabulary is dada, baba, and mama and few rara and other sounds in there :)
I've also propped her up against a push toy and she will slowly walk with it and we are "almost" cruising, not there yet, but i see it soon.. she's still a bit wobbly on her legs, but I am sure its only a matter of time til she starts cruising the furniture..
She is starting to wake more frequently at night again (But also has a cold) so maybe its from that.. but i am not enjoying the up every 3-4 hrs to quickly nurse then go back to bed.
She loves bathtime with her brother and bounces like crazy and shakes her head back and forth in excitement before she gets in the tub and then splashes and splashes and splashes!!! Its her fav. time of day :)
Still nurses about every 2-3 hrs during the day and we are still very slow on solids.. she eats food maybe 1-2 x a wk and she eats gerber puffs or cheerios daily for little snacks, jacob enjoys feeding her those.
She has an awesome pincer grasp and quickly picks up any piece of dirt or food on the ground and eats it before i can say no!
She's still a mostly happy baby and very easy going and definitely my sweet cuddly girl! I am enjoying every little minute and every little accomplishment she makes and in no hurry for her to grow up!! I love her with all my heart.
JACOB SURPRISED ME TODAY WITH HIS VERY FIRST SPONTANEOUS 'I LOVE YOU MOMMY" I could not have been more happy or felt more proud... he cuddled up next to me and hugged me and told me this... sooooooooooo sweet!!
A funny and probably 'too much info' fact that i just have to share so i don't forget it is that he calls his privates "peanut butter" don't ask me why!! but at changing time he tells me his peanut butter is stinky and then at the park we saw a dog with its tail partly chopped off so when he saw the dog backside he goes "eewwww doggy poopoo and peanut butter" I couldn't contain my laughs as it was actually a girl dog too...
He can now draw really good circles and is practicing putting eyes and noses and mouths and ears on his drawings... still not good but he thinks he is doing it so it counts :) He is also very proud that he can draw the letter T and does this over and over again..
He also counts to 14 really good but he can get almost to 20 with someone counting with him.
He also sings his ABC's and gets probably 15-20 of the letters on his own correctly... also gets most right if someone is singing with him.
He loves the shows Caillou, berenstein bears, gumby, cars, dora, and spongebob squarepants.. Those are his favs and we usually watch one or two of those a day.
He likes to sleep with his cars still, especially Yater (mater), Iggie (louigie), Blo (flo), and Doc (AND YES, he can say them correctly he just chooses to continue to say them this way :) )
In fact he says most words he tries to say correctly..... he's getting very good at talking and starting to add "thoughtful" talking into his sentences....
Right now he has a cold so its a lot of "boogers mommy, the booger monster got me!"
He's such a sweet and energetic playful boy and i love him more than anything!!! I can't believe he's almost 3 yrs old!


No comments:
Post a Comment