Well,
It was a VERY VERY HARD decision but we have decided to let sammie go to a new home (sammie is our pug chihuahua)... she is a fantastic dog and i don't know if we'll ever find one as good as she was.. but there are many reasons for us to feel the need to let her go especially with a new baby coming along...
1. new baby coming (sammie is attached to me and took it hard when jacob came with pottying in the house and jealousy...)
2. nesting (i think the "doggy" germs are getting to me and i can't imagine her licking the new baby, chewing on the new pacifiers, and trying to lick the bottles and anything that had milk on it at one time or another, not to mention chew on every baby toy we own.... she did this all to jacob in the beginning and it grossed me out.. don't want to have to watch that again)
3. barking... she barks ALOT when she is alone or playing and it seems right when jacob falls asleep becomes the perfect time so, i would like some peace and quiet for once..
4. traveling (have to admit it's hard having sammie at home while we are trying to stay in st. louis or go on vacations.. can't be anywhere tooo long or else sammie might wet herself or be hungry)
5. for some reason she finds my legs/pants legs a toy and tends to like to trip me up going up and down stairs.. don't want to worry about carrying babies up the stairs with the dog tripping me down them..
6. poop (jacob likes to find her poop in the backyard and pick it up.. need I say more!!)
I think I will only be sad for Jacob when she leaves.. Jacob plays with her day in and day out and so I hope he gets over the loss quickly.. I know this is all for the good, but it still is sad to see her go when we raised her from when she was 5 weeks old.. she turned 3 years old yesterday.. she is going to a good home with a 10 yr old boy and a 3 yr old sister jack russell terrior who sounds alot like her in temperament and playfulness.. sammie gets along with other dogs so i am sure she will enjoy the companionship and the boy to play with!
In other news, we are doing well! baby moving alot and looking forward to when I can hold her... Jacob ended up with CDIFF (a bowel infection), who knows how he got it????? but he is better now and learning new words daily. Jimmy is enjoying his new job and i am enjoying having him home for lunch.. I look forward to the day i don't have to work (well, okay for only a few months maybe, but still not having to work).
I would love to download some new pictures but still with dialup, hopefully a change soon.. but it still takes too long for pictures... will write again soon !


No comments:
Post a Comment