Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Jacobs 5th month






Jacob has sure changed this month alone.. he has started to go to bed earlier and also in his own room. Naps good throughout day. He crys whenever I leave the room or can't see me and stops once he sees me again. He reaches out to be picked up sometimes. He holds objects very well and moves them from one hand to the other.. mainly left to right. Bouncing on your lap is one of his favorite things to do.. Giggles if you tickle him in his neck.. Lays his head on your shoulder to cuddle (finally!!! I love it when he cuddles me). Likes to grab at your nose or other face parts.. Still eats about every 3 hours during the day, but during the night has two 6 hour stretches of sleep, with a 10 minute feeding in the middle. Still has reflux but honestly getting better (hardly using medicine anymore), maybe spits up <5 times a day, sometimes 1-2 a day which is excellent! Asthma plan in place and medicine seems to be helping with that also! He loves to get attention and if you aren't giving him attention he fusses. He hardly cried when he was younger but now cries alot more, he's got us trained and knows that by crying he gets what he wants even though he really isn't crying, it's like a "fake crying" cause he stops as soon as you do what he wants. When he's hungry he'll breathe fast and go "ah ah ah ah cough cough cough cough" as if I might forget that he's hungry as I'm getting ready to nurse him, very impatient kid! He's a joy to take care of.. I miss him more than anything when I go to work and can't wait to walk in and see him smile at me when I get home. Motherhood is better than I ever imagined.

No comments: