

Well, I thought I'd give you an update on how Jacob's doing. He still is waking up every morning wheezing, retracting, and coughing uncontrollably.. but after his respiratory treatment and medicine has time to work it does calm down to just mild congestion sounding breathing and does do pretty well throughout the day til evening hits and then he starts sounding more wheezy and requires a few more respiratory treatments before bed. I do have to say that once he gets asleep he breathes easy and quietly. I put a wedge under the head of his bassinet this time so he is sleeping somewhat upright which hopefully makes it easier for him to breath. He is on his 3rd day of Steroids so I am hoping this will all kick in soon and make him feel better. He has been eating fairly well the last two days without fussing except that he doesn't nurse for as long as he used to (I guess no comfort nursing, just nursing to eat until full and then quits) but I am glad he is at least eating!
*something new and cute* Once again Jacob is just like his daddy... he likes to hold a blanket and a satin blanket that is (Jimmy did this when he was younger). Jacob definitely likes a pacifier but he also has started to like to have something in his hands.. about 4 times now, he has started fussing with just a pacifier and when I give him this blanket that is satin he immediately calms down and starts pulling and rubbing and playing with the blanket until he falls asleep, it's kind of cute.. As far as my thoughts on the pacifier, I dont' mind so much because more than once he has thrown up from sucking on his fingers instead and sticking them to far in his mouth that he gags himself and out comes the whole feeding he just ate.. so for now pacifier will work...
**oh yeah, Jacob slept from 8:15 to 5:30 this morning, umm that makes it over 9 hours straight, Yippee!!! I didn't sleep all of it though because I kept waking up probably every other hour just to check on his breathing** But it still is definitely exciting..


No comments:
Post a Comment